We live in an era of innovation. Things are constantly changing and evolving and becoming better and the development in science has made life much easier. Even 60-70 years ago if someone had suggested the use of a vape pen, it would have been difficult to imagine it. But now it’s common.
What’s a vape pen or e-cigarette?
A vape pen or a vaporizer pen is more or less like an electronic cigarette or e-cigarette. Instead of the cigarette smoke, the aerosol is breathed in. The e-liquid or liquid solution is atomized by heat and that is aerosolized. The atomization is done by the heating element. The heating element usually contains propylene glycol or even vegetable glycerine. Some of these liquids contain nicotine too, depending on the requirement of the user.
All about cannabis vaping
When it comes to cannabis vaping, the method of inhalation is same and the mechanism of the vape pen is also more or less the same. Cannabis oils or other distilled products may be used as the e-liquid or the flower of cannabis can be used to heat and form the inhalation smoke directly.
Cannabis has over 400 chemicals. About 80 of these chemicals have been isolated which are useful to a cannabis consumer. Vaping cannabis is much better than smoking a joint.
Why is vaping cannabis better than smoking a joint?
- Smoking through a vape pen is better when it comes to cannabis because when you use a vape pen and the dry cannabis herb, the flower doesn’t burn all the way. There are certain chemicals in cannabis and THC is one of them. The THC and its properties are lost by 30% if you smoke a joint because the flower burns. When you use a vape pen for your cannabis, the flower is just heated enough to activate the THC and cannabinoids.
- The tar is never formed which we can see while we smoke a joint. Because the flower never reaches the point of combustion, the consumer inhales only the required properties of cannabis and none of the tar or carcinogens.
- A small study was done in 2007, where people were given joints and cannabis vape pens. It was seen that more elements are consumed in the case of the vape pen as the joint burns up everything quickly. Also, people smoking the joints had some coughing issues and other respiratory problems which wasn’t observed amongst the ones using the vape pen. Less toxins were inhaled by the vape pen users as compared to the ones smoking the joint.
- The smell is comparatively less in case of cannabis vape pens
- The vape pen is portable, reusable, easily available at a legitimate vape shop and more durable as compared to joints. One can also control the dosage of cannabis inhaled in a proper manner.
Oils and extracts or dry herb?
The consumer can also use cannabis oils as the e-liquid instead of the dry herb. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to feel the effects of the cannabis, through a vape pen. The time may vary on the basis of which kind of strand or extract is being used, the batteries and heating settings. Also, the effects are different on different people because people’s thresholds differ when it comes to substances like cannabis. Ithas been said that using the dry herb is better than extracts or the oils of cannabis because the latter may still contain traces of carcinogens.