The public’s inability to identify predatory lenders is part of the current housing crisis. Unfortunately, people took loans from unscrupulous individuals who didn’t care what happened to them. It is why so many people are losing their homes now. However, there is a way for everyone to avoid being in this type of situation in the future. Below are ten tips that will help anyone identify a predatory lender. They are ones the US Department of Housing and Urban Development discusses on their Website.
- The details of your loan are vague. Even when you ask the loan officer for more information, they skirt the question. They never give you a straight answer.
- Your loan papers have blanks on them. It’s time to sign your loan papers, but all of the terms and information isn’t completed on the forms. The loan officer is tells you that he or she will fill everything in as stated later on.
- You’re being asked to lie on your loan papers. The loan officer is telling you it’s necessary for you to get your new house. It’s just a little white lie and won’t mean anything.
- The loan amount is out of your income range. Other banks have turned you down for this amount or quoted you a much lower one. However, this new bank says it’s no problem.
- You are suddenly getting charged for extra fees. These fees are ones for services that you’ve never received on the property. Or, they are ones that normally aren’t a part of a sale of a home.
- The housing inspector and other professionals aren’t licensed. They actually have to work through another licensed party that you’ve never met to facilitate your loan. They try to convince you that it’s okay.
- The price of the home is much higher than surrounding ones. However, the quality of the home is the same. The real estate agent can’t really give you a concrete reason as to why.
- You are receiving intense pressure from the lender to sign the loan. They say it’s because they really want you to have the house. However, you are suspicious.
- The loan you are being offered is a high risk one (balloon loans, interest only, steep prepayments). It is not conventional and can create a financial crisis if you miss a payment.
- The lender, mortgage broker, appraiser or contractor has a bad reputation in the area. They say they’ve changed or the rumors are lies. Yet, you are unsure.
Being wary of these ten things will help you avoid being taken advantage of by a predatory lender. You can also check out https://hub.docker.com/r/legalguides/lending if you want to ensure utmost safety and security. For more information, visit the Website ran by HUD. Knowledge is power and will help you avoid being scammed.
Looking for something scary to do on Halloween? There’s nothing better than a good scary video game, but with games costing around $60 new, Halloween gamers may want to look to some of the classic for their ghoulish gaming needs.
- Alien Vs. Predator 2
Platform: PC. Cost: $20 or less.
An oldie but a goodie, Alien Vs. Predator 2 was the sequel to the almost-spectacular, uh, Alien Vs. Predator 1, and it corrected a lot of the problems in that game.
No matter what part it maybe, alien Vs predator is one game that keeps getting better with each sequel that comes out and gives its predecessor a run for its money which is not even possible for Pokemon go accounts.
You can play as either an alien, a predator, or a marine, and while the alien and predator scenarios lend a feeling of almost unbeatable power, the Marine scenario is scary enough to make you start boarding up your doors. Knowing that you’re the weakest thing on the playing field, that your success is directly tied to how long your ammo will last, and hearing the cruel lonely beep of your motion detector gives the player the feeling that they’re trapped in the second Alien movie–and never goes into the hyperbole of the next three movies or the disastrous Alien Vs. Predator movie, by the way.
The good news is that you should be able to find a copy of this for under $10, and nearly any computer will run it. The bad news is that you’ll most likely have to hit the ‘net to find it, but a little persistence is worth it for this awesome title.
Platform: PC and Xbox360. Cost: $20-30
This classic first-person-shooter/horror game started out on the PC, although it’s since appeared on the Xbox 360 as well.
You fight your way through numerous levels packed with fantastic AI and some creepy ghosts, including one kid that’s haunted my dreams like nothing since The Shining. The levels do get a bit repetitive, but the jumpy moments will keep you playing until the last bullets and ghosts fly.
- Blair Witch Project 2
Platform: PC. Cost: Under $20
If you can track down a copy of this cult classic, all of your memories of the dismal Blair Witch sequel will be laid to rest.
Normally, movie-to-game franchises aren’t great–in fact, this game may seem a tad dated in light of modern hits like Bioshock. Still, the what-the-hell-is-going-on feeling makes you realize that you can die at any point in the game without knowing what happened. And you do.
The puzzles and chilling environments made this title stand out; sadly, perhaps because of the film franchise’s lackluster nature, Blair Witch 2 wasn’t a big hit at the time of its release and the series ended up dying mysteriously in the woods. For Halloween gaming, though, there’s no weirder and scarier title on the PC.
- Resident Evil 4
Platform: Gamecube, PS2, Wii. Cost: $15-30
This game’s only about $30 now on Wii, and cheaper if you can find it on PS2 or Gamecube. It’s still the best installment in the Resident Evil series, and even the acting’s alright. You’ll come for the Spanish zombies and stay for the brutal violence, through its groundbreaking gameplay that’s so solid that you won’t even mind the random “Press the button or lose!” sections.
The Playstation and Wii versions also have additional levels, and make a good case for Resident Evil IV being one of the scariest games of all time.
Port forwarding is a necessity for some programs to function correctly, whether it’s a web server, a video game, bandwidth place, or even a simple instant messaging program. Typically any program that interacts with the internet or other network can benefit from having the ports on your router forwarded.
However, not everyone knows how to forward the ports on their wireless router, and if you’re reading this I assume you’re not quite sure how to either. But not to worry, in this guide I’ll show you step-by-step how to forward the ports on your wireless router.
Step 1: Finding Your Router’s Internal IP Address
In order to forward ports on your wireless router, you’ll need to connect to it by entering its internal IP address into your browser’s address bar.
The most common IP addresses for wireless routers are 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1. However, if neither of these work then you’ll have to manually find out what your router’s IP address is. You’ll be doing this through the Windows command prompt.
In Windows XP and older you’ll need to open up the command prompt by clicking Start and then Run, and type in cmd. For Windows Vista and 7 you’ll need to click Start, then type cmd into the search and then open it.
After you’ve opened the command line, type in ipconfig. Look for the line that says “Default Gateway”, the number next to this is your wireless router’s internal IP address.
Now that you have your router’s IP address you can go to your router’s config page by typing in the IP address in your web browser’s address bar. If you are asked to type in a username and password you may need to consult your router’s manual, but typically both the username and password will bet set to admin by default.
Step 2: Identifying the Ports
Before you begin forwarding ports you’ll need to figure out which ports you need to forward. Each program will use a different port, so you’ll need to figure out which one the program you’re using needs forward.
You can easily find this out by either by reading the program’s manual or support page or by doing a quick Google search for it.
Step 3: Forwarding the Ports
Now that you’re on your wireless router’s config page and know the ports you need to forward, you can begin actually forwarding the ports.
First, you’ll need to navigate to the port forwarding section of your router’s config page. Depending on your router’s brand and model, this page may be called a few different things. Typically this page will have an obvious name, such as “Port forwarding”, “Port config”, or “Applications and Gaming”.
Once you’re on the port forwarding page you may begin forwarding the ports you need to. This part is pretty simple, all you need to do is type in a name for the port, type in the port you want to be forwarded and then click Apply (Or some variation of, depending on your router).
Depending on the model and brand of your router, you may also need to enter your computer’s IP address, or at least the last few numbers of it. If you don’t know what it is, you may do the same you did to find your router’s IP address, only this time look for the number next to “IP Address”.
Step 4: Testing
After you’ve forwarded your ports, you may begin testing to see if it worked correctly.
If it worked correctly, then congratulations! If not, you’ll want to recheck everything in the previous steps and make sure you’ve entered everything correctly. Sometimes the error could be a simple typo or a misplaced number.
After reading this guide, you should now know how to successfully forward the ports on your wireless router. In the future, you’ll do the same for every other port you may wish to forward as well.
The world of modern online video games has brought an interesting twist to the English language. Very often you will eavesdrop into a conversation about someone getting “owned” or “tea-bagged.” These words are mainly used when someone gets badly beaten in the game they are playing.
The Term “Noob” or “Newb.”
Noobs also known as newbs, or n00bs, are commonly referred to as people who are beginners at whatever task they are performing. They probably know very little about something, and often fail. According to Urban Dictionary , there are three distinct definitions for the word noob. N00bs know very little, and have no will to learn anymore about what they’re doing, and newbs are actually willing to learn, and fix their errors to move out of this stage.
The unofficial word “pwned” is simply a corrupt version of the word “owned.” The word appears to have originated through World of Warcraft, and has otherwise spread throughout the online gaming world. The word simply means to become dominated by an opponent.
Pokemon go iv calculator is one of the best games in the modern times that was launched nearly two decades back and has withstood the test of time, be it in video game or cartoon form and is right up there as far as powerful opponents go.
When someone is “salty” they are usually upset, or angry. They could have simply been humiliated by another person, resulting in an increase in their sodium levels. When someone is salty they act bitter, which is relevant because too much salt has a bad taste. Other versions of the word salty include ‘saltaine’, and the more revolutionized unofficial term, ‘saltainaker’.
In the online gaming community the word “bad kid” is generally used excessively. A bad kid is someone who is considered bad at the game they are playing. This person is extremely cocky, and believes they actually have skills. Bad kid is a fairly new term that usually replaces the word “noob.”
Lag or Laggy
Lag is often a newbies excuse for losing. However, occasionally there will be “real” lag. Lag can be defined as slow application responses, or choppy frame rates resulting in latency. This normally happens with slow connections.
A tea bag is the act of lowering the crotch area into someone else’s mouth. This act is normally seen when someone with a big ego thinks he/she is better than everyone else. Normally this act is frowned upon by everyone else.
Online gaming has expanded and introduced new words into the English language. Eventually you can be having entire conversations with these terms alone.
There are several other words that are also considered “Internet talk” such as troll, QQ, umad, and much more. It is important to understand these words to make sure you don’t become someone else’s joke. So next time someone calls you a “newb” you can call them a “bad kid” and leave them dumbfounded.
Relationships are created with mutual understanding, commitment, and mutual efforts making any relationship just perfect. As people read Best Love status they can learn about some of the most important things that they should be paying attention to as they get into a relationship.
However, it is really important that you pay attention to your relationship and improve it over time. Here are the top 10 ways that will help you in improving your relationship with your partner.
- Communication is really important as you are in a relationship. It is really important that you communicate and share your feelings with your partner so that you both know what is going in your minds.
- For instance, if you feel like hugging your partner you should tell them that you want to hug them, You can also ask them about how was their day and asking something new to your partner is going to enhance your relationship so that you get hold meaningful and deep conversations with your partner.
- Putting an extra effort so that you can make your partner feel special is definitely going to help you improve your relationship. You can designate weekly date nights where you guys can hold each other and spend quality time with each other and share your feelings and emotions with each other bonding over different things.
- As you talk to your partner it is really important that you appreciate them and make them more comfortable around yourself. Paying attention to their body language and their voice will tell how they are feeling emotionally. That way you will be able to bond with your partner even more as they will realize you value them.
Feeling thankful for their presence is another sweet gesture that will help you in gaining the trust of your partner.
- If possible you should tweak your schedule so that you can get in touch or meet your partner a little more. For instance, you can go to a gym with your partner a little early than your usual time, or you can get up early to complete your work so that you can go out with them. It is really important that you do not sacrifice your life for your partner but these little tweaks in your schedule are definitely worth it.
- As you talk with your partner it is really important that you pay attention to all the little things that they talk about. You can take a note of all such things and help your partner with that. This way they will realize that you pay attention to all the little details that they share with you and will show them that you are important to them.
- It is really important that you let go of the things that happened in the past. The reason why most of the relationships end and it can get really difficult to move forward within a relationship if you are thinking about the things that happened in the past.
- It is also important that you respect each other’s private space as you communicate with each other on a daily basis. It is really important that your messages or calls are not disturbing your partner and affecting them professionally. This will improve your relationship significantly over time as you both will get closer to each other.
- Knowing when you should apologize to your partner is also important. If you and your partner are arguing over each other you should try to get the situation under control by apologizing to your partner so that both of you can calm yourselves and handle the situation more effectively.
- Being in a relationship does not mean that you have to devote all of your time to your partner. It is really important that you pay attention to your personal growth as well. It is really important that both you and your partner grow personally within the relationship. This is an effective way through which you can improve your relationship with your partner making your relationship healthier and happier.
- Lastly, it is really important that you spend a lot of time with your partner so that you can get to know each other better. This is really important in order to grow your relationship over time. You get to discover each other’s personalities and habits even more.
These are the best tips that you need to keep in mind in order to grow your relationship in a healthy way with your partner.
Installing a medicine cabinet is not all that difficult using linear guides and I speak from experience. Back when I was single I used to have to do small things by myself and learned as I went along. One of the tasks I understood in my home was the installation of a brand new medicine cabinet that I had proudly purchased.
Here are ten tips to help you install a medicine cabinet successfully in your home.
1) Will you be installing a recessed medicine cabinet or nonrecessed/surface mounted medicine cabinet?
2) If you decide that you wish to install a recessed cabinet then you will need to see what is inside of the wall. You don’t want to place the cabinet where there is a large vent pipe or any load-bearing framing. These would be too difficult to deal with and it is better to just place the cabinet away from these challenges. If you want the medicine cabinet to go on the wall no matter what then simply by a nonrecessed/surface mount medicine cabinet for ease of installation.
3) Most medicine cabinets come with easy to follow directions so be sure to remove these from the box and see exactly what tools you will need for the installation process so you can gather them all together and begin to utilize them. You will normally need a level, stud finder, drill, drill bits, saw, Sawzall, drywall screws, level, and cabinet screws.
4) You will want to mount your medicine cabinet 72 inches off the floor to the top of the cabinet. This is a good rule of thumb but some people are simply short so you might want to adjust it to fit your requirements.
5) If you are installing a recessed medicine cabinet the odds are you will be faced with cutting away a stud. You will cut through the wall and disconnect it from the fasteners in the back.
6) Once the stud is completely out of the way you will need to install a frame. To do this install 2×4 vertical and horizontal blocking to build a frame. With this frame, you will be able to easily slide the medicine cabinet into place.
7) The lip of the cabinet will hide the cut in the drywall so there will be no noticeable cuts once the cabinet is securely into the hole you cut into the wall.
8) Normally the medicine cabinet will come with all screws and accessories but if it does not be sure to purchase actual drywall screws for securing the edges of the cabinet.
9) If you are installing a nonrecessed/ surface mount medicine cabinet then it will come in handy to have a stud finder. You will need to mount the wall surface medicine cabinet securely to a stud. Studs are normally spaced 16 inches apart in a wall.
10) It will also come in handy to have a level on hand to make sure that all cuts are level and straight. This will also come in handy when the medicine cabinet is actually installed. Most directions do not ask you to use a level but if you want a professional appearance then I strongly suggest the use of a level.
I definitely believe in the Law Of Attraction and reading Manifestation Magic Review 2020 is how I realized that this is all real. It was way before I ever saw the movie “The Secret” so, at the time, I didn’t recognize it as being the Law Of Attraction at work. But years later, I saw the movie “The Secret” and it was like a light bulb went off as I realized that what had occurred years earlier was because of the Law Of Attraction….and I literally wept and so did my middle son.
Now to explain what took place…When we lived in Florida in a small rented single wide and barely scraping by…we used to pass this one large piece of vacant property that was fenced totally and it had the most mature and beautiful oak trees on it with Spanish moss hanging from them. Well, I thought this was the most beautiful piece of property in our entire area and I couldn’t pass by there without looking at it and saying out loud, “One day that will be mine!”
Now I didn’t have one penny saved and my family thought I was talking crazy, but I never once entertained any negative thoughts about it….nor did I try to figure out how it was going to be possible.
It wasn’t for sale and I was literally broke. I did have a job but everything that we made went back out. About a year went by and as I was driving past, I looked over as usual and there was a for-sale sign on the front gate…I was in the car alone and I literally stopped in the road, backed up in the road, and pulled in to call the number on my cell phone. I talked to the owner and he said that he had just put the signup and barely gotten back home when I called. He invited me to come over and discuss the details. I completely forgot why I was going to town in the first place and rushed over there. He was willing to owner finance with $1000 down for 10 yrs…I just happened to have the $1000 because I had just gotten my tax refund back…so I gave him the money and signed the papers immediately. I was so thrilled and went home and told my family what happened!! I tried to tell them all along I knew that “One day that would be mine” like I always said…With the rest of the tax money, we bought a big doublewide and had it put on the middle of the property…the property turned out to be 5 acres all cut and completely fenced when I got it. We lived there for 7 yrs…then had to sell it to move to Ga. nearer my aging mom…I hated to sell it, as we had hopes of building a home on it someday, but my mom was more important.
I saw the movie “The Secret” years after we came to Ga. and it dawned on me that the Law Of Attraction had definitely occurred in my acquiring the Florida property. I was so broke and couldn’t scape two nickels together but I never tried to figure anything out…I just persistently claimed it as being mine and never once entertained any negative thoughts about it. The universe worked it out where it became available right when I had money to acquire it.
I have 3 sons and my middle son I watched “The Secret” alone together and he also wept because he also realized the power of what had taken place in our own lives.
SO if you happen to think that it doesn’t work or have any doubts what-so-ever…think again! I have had at least 2 other instances where it has worked for me….and I am actively applying the Law of Attraction to my life….especially now that I know what it is and how to harness that power….the power of the mind and the universe to bring about positive change! We can bring about positive change!
That change starts with our own thinking and attitude! So from this day forward, don’t entertain any negative thoughts…banish them completely! Stake your claim and stand your ground! Don’t try to figure out the details…Leave the details to the universe…just know that your claim is yours!
I have enjoyed sharing my own personal experience with everyone here and hope that it helps anyone that is even somewhat skeptical about the Law Of Attraction….all I can say is that you have nothing to lose and so much more to gain by believing and applying it!
During the summer, it’s easy for children to not get the exercise they need since their days become consumed with watching television and playing video games. When they’re hungry of course, they aren’t going to take the time to make a healthy meal or reach for some carrots. They will most likely reach for chips and cookies along with pop that is filled with sodium.
When summer comes, many children, especially teens, want to stay indoors in the cool air conditioning and be lazy. This can be very unhealthy for your children, so what will you do to make sure they are staying healthy this summer?
Set a good example
It’s very important that you show your children you don’t just want them to be healthy and get good exercise, you do it yourself as well. Go for runs, go to the gym and eat healthy. It’s important that your children don’t think you’re trying to tell them how to live their life, especially when you don’t take your own advice.
Just make your kids feel that you have their best interests at heart like any good parent but also warn them of the health issues they can face if they don’t take care of their health. A good start would be some relief from heat so do call the furnace repair San Diego to get your AC repaired as its useful during nighttime.
Outdoor family days
To make sure your children get outside and get active. Make it a family thing. Gather all the kids and yourself and go outside to enjoy the fresh air. Grab a basketball, soccer ball, Frisbee, anything that will keep you all moving around and getting some good exercise.
Buy more fruits and vegetables, less fats and sugars
If you want your children to eat healthy, you have to have the healthy foods available, right? Keep the purchase of junk food to a minimum. You don’t just have to buy fruits and vegetables. There are plenty of good snacks you can buy that will be just as healthy for your children to eat. If your children don’t like drinking water from the sink, buy bottled water. Just remember that they have to eat whatever you bring in the house, so choose carefully when it comes to snacks.
Don’t stop at healthy snacks
Just buying healthy snacks won’t make that big of a difference if you aren’t making healthy lunches and dinners. You can look online for healthy recipes that you can make at home for the whole family to eat. You should look for these before you go grocery shopping so you know what ingredients you need to buy.
Limit the hours of TV and video game use
If they only have a certain amount of time to watch TV and play their games, then they will be forced to find other things to do when they’ve used up all their hours. When they are sitting around looking bored, encourage them to go outside.
Allow them to have friends over
Your child isn’t going to want to play outside if they have no one to play with. Allow them to have friends over often so they aren’t sitting inside alone.
Get them what they need
Your child needs to have stuff to do to keep them active, so if they want a bike, then it’s good to get them one. Be sure you have different types of balls your child can play with, jump rope, roller skates. It’s good to have a variety of items your child can play with outside so be sure you give them options.
If you want your children to be stay healthy and keep active during the summer, you can’t just leave it up to them. As a parent, you need to get involved and help them get off of the couch and outside getting the physical activity they need.
Lighting plays a vital role in the way prospective buyers literally see a house. If there isn’t enough lighting, a house can feel dark and cold. If there is too much lighting, it may create a harsh effect and even make the house feel hot, especially in warmer climates or during summer.
To create an atmosphere in your home that is not too hot, and not too cold, but is just right, Select a proper mix of light fixtures to create an atmosphere that is warm and inviting, rather than cold and harsh. Start with the entryway, or foyer, in your home. If your home is a single story with a standard eight foot ceiling, then you don’t have a whole lot of room to work with. On the other hand, if you live in a two-story home with a two-story entry, then you should have ample room to hang a light fixture that will really make a statement to your guests. In fact, if a prospective buyer comes to see your home in the evening after it is already dark, one of the first things they’ll notice is the beautiful chandelier hanging in the entryway. Lighting such as this will help create a positive mindset for buyers even before they enter your home.
There are numerous chandeliers available that come in all shapes and sizes. Ask the salesperson which light fixtures are the most popular and which ones they sell the most of. Just ensure that their recommendation matches the style and d├⌐cor of your home. When selecting a chandelier for the foyer, you’ll also want to be sure that its size fits appropriately with the size of your foyer. For example, if the entryway in your home is large and spacious, don’t hang a tiny light fixture in it. The light fixture will get lost, and because it is so small, it will look cheap/ On the other hand, don’t try to put a light fixture that is too large in a smaller foyer. The fixture will overpower the space and will detract from the way it should feel. Not too hot and not too cold, but just right.
If your home has a formal dining room, examine the lighting in it to determine whether or not it complements the style of furnishings in the room. If there’s a formal dining room table complete with an armoire or china cabinet in it, the lighting should be formal as well. Chandeliers are probably the most commonly used light fixtures in dining rooms for two reasons. First, they are dressier and more formal than an ordinary light fixture, and second, they hang down from the ceiling at the appropriate height above the dining room table to provide light while eating.
To further enhance the look of a dining room, wall sconces can also be used. If you’re not familiar with wall sconces, they are light fixtures designed to mount on the surface of a wall rather than hang from the ceiling. If your dining room is not already wired for sconces, you may have to hire an electrician to run the wires and mount the receptacles. Chandeliers and matching wall sconces often can be purchased as a set. So when you get ready to replace the lighting in your dining room, be sure to look for matching sets.
One often overlooked place that accent lighting can be used in a house is the kitchen. Most kitchens have plenty of overhead lighting in them, but they rarely have under-cabinet lighting. Under-cabinet lighting can easily be installed, provided there is an outlet or wiring nearby, by mounting fluorescent light fixtures under the cabinets. The best way to wire the lights, however, is by routing all of them to one or two switches. This allows you to turn on all of the lights from a central location rather than having to do so individually.
Finally, the same type of fluorescent lighting can also be mounted on top of the cabinets. This will provide soft accent lighting behind plants and other d├⌐cor that may be on top of the cabinets.
The value of this home improvement is strong because the cost of replacing light fixtures is low relative to their impact on value. Not only are the light fixtures themselves highly visible, but the effect they create, especially at night, is also very visible. When properly done, this effect can be exceptionally powerful and dramatic. For more information, you can check out Terry’s article on this topic. The article will provide you with some simple and detailed tips and strategies on how you can improve your home’s value through lighting improvement. Creativity is indeed an essential skill specially for home designing and development.
In today’s world we deal with addictions on a daily basis. Sometimes we might not even realize how addicted we are to something. Whether it be the pot of coffee that we drink on a daily basis or the cell phone that is always with-in arms reach. Think about your life and the things you could not live without. These are addictions. Some people think that addictions are only things that are bad for us like drugs ,alcohol, gambling ,or one of the many others. This is a misconception, addictions can be anything you find yourself having to have.
Do you tend to feel uneasy until you drink your first cup of coffee in the morning? Maybe you start to panic if you leave your cell phone laying on the counter at home. Can you leave the house without your makeup and hair being fixed just so? What about your credit cards? Do you leave the cash at home use the plastic for every purchase? A lot of the addictions we have are harmless. They don’t pose any physical danger to anyone. You might find you can’t go a day without checking your email, or getting your fix of POGO. These addictions are not to be concerned about unless they start to interfere in your life or the lives of your family. CAN coffee and nuts can result in addiction for the person. The use of the products should be minimum to keep the health and body fit and fine. The children are prohibited to drink the can coffee.
If you find you are spending several hours a day on line and not doing the things that you need to be , this could be a problem. When an addiction starts to come between you and your family then their is a need to worry .It is time to examine if there is a serious problem. If your cell phone has come to replace family time, or personal time with a spouse or loved one ,there needs to be some changes made. These types of addictions can be just as hard to give up as an addiction to alcohol. The need to have it can become overwhelming and there can be physical symptoms of withdrawal when trying to give up the addiction.
For example when trying to give up an addiction to coffee/caffeine a person can experience headaches, become irritable, anxious, moody ,and tired. While you may feel terrible remember it’s a temporary feeling and with time you will begin to feel back to yourself. Sometimes a person might require help to overcome an addiction. Even though these addictions are not what one would normally think of, they can be just as hard to give up. Don’t be embarrassed to ask for help from friends and family when trying to overcome an addiction.
Addictions can be to many things such as to computers, cell phones, coffee/caffeine, sex, pornography, and anything else you find you can’t seem to do without. Ask yourself what are the things I can’t live without? Do they affect my daily life? Do they interfere with my daily activities? Do they cause me to take away time from my family? If you can answer yes to these questions you might need to consider if you have an addiction that needs to be given up or at least cut down.
I recently did a survey of 20 men and 20 women and asked about the things they just could not go without. I was surprised by some of the answers I received. Some of the addictions might not seem like anything to some ,but when asked to go without the people responding to my survey began to panic. Here are some of the responses I have gotten.
The men’s answers about their addictions were POGO, religion, coffee, Pepsi ,beer, cigarettes,and porn.
The women had some of the same addictions as the men including POGO, coffee, cigarettes ,religion ,love, makeup ,computer programming ,and a few cell phone addicts among the respondents.
It just goes to show that men and women are not all that different when comparing their addictions. What about you? What can’t you live without? What are your addictions? Could you give up your addictions?