If you’re a vegetarian and finding it hard to come up with unique meals for your family, vegetarian food blogs prove to be an excellent resource. The recipes are usually paired with mouthwatering photography that will have you drooling over the computer and wishing the internet came with Smell-O-Vision.
Without further ado, I present to you in no particular order: the top 8 vegetarian food blogs on the internet! (Why eight and not ten? Because there are only eight blogs worth mentioning, silly!) This list will also give you an insight about the best meal prep for vegan lovers and what they love to have.
- Fatfree Vegan Kitchen – I don’t think her recipes are actually fat free. But she does teach you how to cook without added fats from oils and such. This blog is updated regularly and has an extensive archive of recipes going back to 2005. Be sure to try her Vegan Green Bean Casserole, Coconut Chai Breakfast Cake, and Creamy Creole Eggplant Casserole.
- Herbivoracious – This blog certainly wins the award for the most gourmet vegetarian food. Although some of his ingredients may be hard to find at your local store, most recipes are within the grasp of the novice cook. You will learn new techniques and flavor combinations that you’ve never considered, becoming a better cook in the process. Recipe highlights include: Delicata Squash Stuffed with Orzo in a Sage Brown Butter Sauce, Grilled Eggplant and Shiitake Bruschetta, and Double Crust Mac and Cheese.
- Manifest Vegan – Remember that mouthwatering food photography I was talking about? It’s all here, baby. Don’t forget to wipe the drool off your keyboard when you peruse the recipes on this site. Three dishes you won’t want to miss: White Pasta with Fiddleheads, Cheezy Polenta with Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Vegan Star Crunch.
- The Voracious Vegan – This young woman has truly been around the world, and her recipes show it. She has a knack for veganizing traditional dishes, and you won’t find recipes like hers anywhere else on the internet. Above all else, you must try: Vegan Buttermilk Pie, Persian Potatoes and Rice with Mushroom Confit and Cilantro, and Vegan Carne Guisada.
- Post Punk Kitchen – The authors of Veganomicon, Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, and Vegan with a Vengeance bring you their most excellent vegan blog. These women are the authority on all things vegan. Your best bet is to just purchase every cookbook they’ve ever published. But if you prefer to just dip your toes before taking the plunge, their website provides a mere sampling of their five-star recipes such as: Seitan Portobella Stroganoff, Mango Ginger Tofu, and Potato Kale Enchiladas with Roasted Chili Sauce.
- Wednesday Food Blogging at What Do i Know? – Another blog with a great variety of vegan recipes. Whenever you’re looking for a little culinary inspiration, this is the place to go. Highlights include: Vegan (Not) Meat Loaf, Dijon Roasted Potatoes, and Butternut Squash and Black Beans with Polenta Trangles.
- Vegan Yum Yum – Yum is right! If you’re looking for recipes that will please vegetarians and meat eaters alike, this is the blog for you. Her recipes are nothing short of gourmet. Are you craving sweet and sour chicken? She’s got it. Broccoli beef? Your guests will never know it’s not made from cow. Three recipes you shouldn’t pass up: Seitan and Broccolini with Clementine Teriyaki, Baked Sundried Tomato Risotto with Grilled Veggies and Balsamic Reduction, and Crispy Sweet and Sour Tofu.
- C’est La Vegan – Again, this is a blog with great food photography. Written by a professional vegan baker, this blog offers up a bounty of vegan desserts as well as entr??e dishes and appetizers. Your tastebuds will thank you when you make her Creamy Penne Pasta – Aphrodisiac Style, Magical Coconut Cookie Bars, and Creamy Mushroom Soup.
There are hundreds of vegetarian blogs floating around on the inter-nets, but these 8 websites are the ones I’m drawn to week after week to inspire me in the kitchen. Go ahead and try a recipe or two – you’ll be inspired as well!